1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFC playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Who wins the NFC?

1. Chicago

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. New Orleans

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Philly

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Seattle

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Dallas

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Giants

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Your right if Tommy Harris does not play the deffense will struggle in the playoffs and they wont make it to the NFC championship game.

2. Tommie Harris blew out his hamstring and is out for the year.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Besides the key to their defence is safety Mike Brown. They started their struggle defensively when he went down for the year. It was the same story in 2004, except that year they also lost Urlacher for most of it. But Brown is the leader back there and the bigger hit to their defence.

I want to say the Bears are still going to win it all - being a fanboyloser and all – but I think the Saints may just do it. The Giants are going no where. Dallas is in a freefall with a rookie QB. Seattle could have been the team to come out, but I think their secondary is too banged up, plus Hassleback hasn't been the same since he came back from his injury. That leaves Philly, and with the way Garcia is playing they could surprise a few teams, and to me it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world (a former probowler, has proven he can win the big game, can make plays with his feet, etc.) but putting all your eggs in a Philly basket is like betting on the Cubs, they'll break your heart somehow. Plus there is just something about that Saints team this year. Breese has played great, Deuce has evolved as a leader, Bush has evolved as a football player. Dare I say they are dynamic? Plus (without looking at stats and going from memory) I think their D has been pretty decent as well.

Regardless of whoever makes it out of the NFC, thye will just be cannon fodder for whever comes out of the AFC, my guess is Baltimore.

4. The Eagles. Something freaky going on with that team to where they just find a way to win week in and week out. and in this conference, that's good enough.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's not Romo you so much have to worry about if your a Cowboys fan.

It's been the GODAWFUL DEFENSE!

On that note, Boys 24-Hags 21. - MARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN GRAMATICA pulls a Josh Brown and the Hags finally lose on a last-second FG.

</endfingerscrossed>

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

I'd really like to know--especially as a Giant fan--who are the two who picked the Giants?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Neither had the 1999 Rams. Or the 2000 Ravens. Or the 2001 Patriots.

Or the 1981 49ers and Bengals.

Not saying the Saints are an iron-clad lock (though I would pick them). Just saying that inexperience is often as overrated as experience.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Either the Saints (best team in the conference) or the Eagles (hot at the right time). I've flipped a coin one hundred times--yeah, I got a lot of free time on my hands--and fifty times it comes up Saints and the other fifty comes up Eagles.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think you got a counterfeit coin.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I actually did that once for a fifth-grade probability thing. Came up 50-50 for me then.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah but that was with Donovan leading the team. Things change in the playoffs.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Well if he does not come back in the playoffs that deffense will suffer.

Draft saved Draft deleted