1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nfc-afc championship games thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 18, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great regular season. I completely disagree. It was awesome to see the Colts lose a lot. The Jags and Cheifs were decent stories. Heck, watching the Falcons get so many wins was sweet. And what about Vick? The Eagles were exciting as hell this year! The Lions won 3-straight? The Patriots had an electric offense and made drubbings look exciting.

The Broncos had some offensive excitement, the Ravens had some great games... the Packers passing attack was fun to watch especially when Driver was healthy. We also go to see some great last minute games involving craptacular teams like the Bills! Seriously, watching the Bills was at some points, fun!

Brett Favre got hurt. Then he got hurt again. Then the roof collapsed and he got hurt a third time. So incredibly awesome. The Cowboys imploded (fuck yeah) then got things together (boo) but there was a tight race for playoff spots in the NFC. It was a good year. And I didn't even mention the Bucs!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Jets have brought some swagger and fun that has been sorely missing from the NFL. Too many teams in recent past have been too business like and bland.

They remind me of some of the old AFL teams.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Decent attempt at a humorous rant, although on this board, you'd be taken more seriously if you didn't misspell retard (and if you meant that as a Hangover reference, you should have pointed that out). Then again, you really could be pissed — your existence as a Lions fan having finally caused you to snap — and this is a cry for help. In any case, nice try.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Enough about soccer.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It beats the hell out of what could have been Seahawks/Falcons and Ravens/Patriots this weekend. Ugh. I can't think of a more boring NFC game.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tim Hasselback? Really Mustang.

That was Ragu length shite and your use of the word retard is real classy.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought that Packers-Jets game was a great one to watch. How often do you see a defense pitch a shutout against a team that makes its conference championship game? You can say the Jets stunk, but that would be giving the Packers no credit.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How does a Lions fan get the number wrong for their season-closing winning streak? (It was four)

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think a big difference for the Jets is that Rex Ryan finally learned you can't constantly blitz good quarterbacks -- they'll just pick you apart too much. Manning and Brady get much more frustrated when the DBs throw off the timing of the routes, rather than seeing six guys coming at them. Heck, they see six guys coming at them, they throw right to spot that opened up. Everybody's favorite alleged rapist is more mobile than either Manning or Brady, so he at least might be able to run if everyone is covered, or start running to draw the DBs off the receiver and create some space. Not the Jets have abandoned the blitz -- one thing Ryan is taking advantage of is giving blitz looks, but not letting the QB know which players are rushing, and which are dropping back.

All I know about Packers-Bears is that my wife and about 8 million other people in my immediate orbit are going to be a bear (no pun intended) to be around if Chicago loses to Green Bay.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/goodell-wants-to-define-what-crosses-the-line-in-trash-talking/

This commissioner won't stop fiddling with stuff until he's put his imprint everywhere.

The trash talk this week was ridiculous but hurt no one.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Bears have two sure Hall of Famers on their defense, and possibly three. They have another likely one returning punts. I know that special teams don't excite many people, but they have an elite place kicker and remarkable kick coverage teams. They have victories against two of the other three teams still remaining and played to a standstill in the other game, on the road, when they had nothing to gain and Green Bay had everything to gain.

I know, I know. Calvin Johnson dropped a ball and the officials had the nerve to enforce a set-in-stone rule. And they gave up 10 sacks on a Sunday night game.

But isn't it about time we stop acting like they are the Little Sisters of the Poor?

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I didn't want to revive the other NFL thread for fear that OOP might start posting again, so there was really nowhere else to put this. Check out Laurence Maroney's mug shot! It's a beaut! Arrested for weapons, drug charges, etc...but the story is in the handlebars.

Laurence Longstocking:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted