1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next up: New York Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been posted on many journalism threads, but I would be happy to pay a one-time fee of 25 or 50 cents to access a story in an out-of-town regional or local paper I'd like to read, but I'm sure not gonna subscribe to hundreds of publications. An online equivalent for newsstand sales is needed.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

What would be even better is a monthly fee that entitles you to read whatever papers you want without having to subscribe them individually, and at a discount. Unfortunately, that would require an antitrust waiver from a Justice Department and an administration that does not hold the press in high regard.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not just the antitrust, it's the divvying up of the proceeds among hundreds of participants. My way is easier to implement without government hassles or prolonged business quarrels.

Screwball likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Is that to 62?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

14 months for me. Honestly just trying to hold out until then.

Draft saved Draft deleted