1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NEXT UP: Meat Loaf?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Meat sweating all over Ellen Foley....

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Phil Rizzuto telling the story of his involvement in the song -- including calling Meatloaf a huckleberry -- is damn funny.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. If I remember right, he knew he was doing the play-by-play for a song, but didn't find out until later what his broadcast was referring to.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I know, right? Weird that people enjoy listening to live music. I blame Obama.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

To perhaps see his very last concert?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

From the CBC story: "Meat Loaf has seven more Canadian dates scheduled through July 2 in Moose Jaw. The next show is scheduled for Cold Lake, Alta., on Saturday."

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is Meat Loaf big in Canada the way David Hasselhoff was in Germany, but we in the US are just unaware of this?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

News to me but shows in Cold Lake and Moose Jaw don't lie....

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The man sweats on stage like the love child of Patrick Ewing and Richard Nixon. I'm surprised that he doesn't pass out every other show.

Killick and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I interviewed Meat Loaf last fall for a series we did on non-sports people and sports. Went more than an hour and I finally had to cut it off. Interesting guy, said he was an inductee of something called the Central Park Softball Hall of Fame. As far as we could tell, it doesn't exist.

Meat Loaf on fantasy football, touring and more

cyclingwriter2 and YankeeFan like this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I knew his daughter in high school and used to see her at parties. Looked nothing like him. That album cover of Bat Out of Hell is an engrained part of my childhood, my sisters loved those songs and would play the vinyl over and over. Who would go to see Meatloaf? They would, and so would a lot of people of a certain age. He made some timeless songs that, of course, got seriously overplayed and now seem uncool. But Bat Out of Hell was/is an all-time great album.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Cover looked great painted on the side of a van back in the day too.

Draft saved Draft deleted