1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next time you think we have a troll problem at SJ, read this

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Is body of work all that's relevant here? The creep was posting photos of scantily clad dead teenage girls. That's fucking horrible.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Dude, calm down. I agree.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Don't underestimate Petty.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm calm. Just a little disturbed. And genuinely curious. You're a former mod. In your opinion, is deleting a thread and banning a user effective enough?

5. Johnny Dangerously

I don't even understand what Versatile is trying to say now.

6. Johnny Dangerously

You've lost me.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He and AQB could take down the Net

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And this isn't a First Amendment issue. Private message board, absolute right to regulate content.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Let's say an established member creates a thread of photos of dead teenage girls. You're the mod on duty (I know you're not one anymore, but work with me). You delete the thread, ban the user and presumably tell your fellow mods in your mod board that I assume y'all have.

Is that where it ends for that poster? Do you expose that poster's misdeeds publicly, or do you just move on provided that poster doesn't come back?

10. Johnny Dangerously

Versatile, somehow you lost me between this:

and this:

"In your opinion, is deleting a thread and banning a user effective enough?"

11. Johnny Dangerously

Now you're really confusing me. Did Chen work as a moderator for Reddit? Otherwise, I really don't understand your point.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Furthermore, Reddit's top bosses apparently liked what this guy brought to the site. I don't understand that, but obviously he was free to be "himself" on the site.

Draft saved Draft deleted