1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next time you feel a little bit grumpy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

He did one in 2006, too. There is also an outtakes video of scenes that didn't make the cut.

Good thing he has a sponsor. I can't imagine how much money that would take to do on your own.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Idaho, thanks, man.

I woke up pissy today, and this put me into a good mood. Thanks.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I went to his website. Short story is he is a slacker -- 31. From Australia. Sat at home playing video games. Traveled Southeast Asia after working a bit and saving and his friend had the video camera and he did the dance. Then had the idea to do the dance a few more times and he put it on the internet and got to be known by a few people as the dancing guy. Stride gum -- new brand -- saw it and contacted him. He got them to pay for him to do his last trip. No strings attached. He could go wherever he wanted. He filmed it and put together the video himself. After his first two dancing videos he posted, he started getting e-mails from people saying they could do the bad dance better. He contacted a lot of them and they are some of the people dancing with him in various places.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

So a 31-year-old slacker got a corporation to fund his travels to 42 countries.

Sounds like a pretty good gig.

Sadly, he still lives in his mom's basement apartment when he's not chewing Stride gum. That doesn't matter, though.

All I care is he made a video that makes me feel good about life.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Very cool. The nasa training one at the end caught me off-guard.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That is incredible and moving. Talk about unity/putting things in perspective.

All you need is an idea, folks.

Well, and some luck.

7. jps

jps Active Member

yeah, check out his site, actually ... little outtake vid is pretty funny, too. Will check into the previous two dances later. I'm somehow hooked.

8. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

This guy should be the Secretary of State.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It made me cry. In a good way.

Commence mocking.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You can come cry on my shoulder...

11. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I have a pounding migraine right now. It's all I can do to stare at this freakin' computer, and I just cracked a smile for the first time today. Thank you, Matt.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The video work was really good, too. Very sharp and colorful and some wonderful scenes where he is shaded on the sand dunes and such.

Had him framed well, too, so that he was in the same spot in each cut.

Love the part with the tribal new guinea dancers.

Draft saved Draft deleted