1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next in Line ... Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Matt1735, Jul 2, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, Garry will be shattered since he'll apparently have to fetch his own coffee and write his own letters now.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know the whole list, but one of them is a tremendous guy who has been at the paper for 25 years and deserved much better.

3. It really bothers me that this is a thread about people losing their jobs, and maybe their careers, in a lot of cases, and all people can do are take cheap shots at Garry.

I'm not going to lie, Garry's one of the people in this business that I greatly respect. He's helped me in numerous ways, and if it weren't for him, I certainly wouldn't be in the spot I am today.

Even if he were my greatest enemy, I wouldn't want to read about him when this thread, frankly, really isn't about him. So can we please leave or take the petty shit somewhere else?

4. Mizzougrad96

No... That's not possible. Sorry... If you don't like Garry bashing, don't click on this thread.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

nice!

6. Mizzougrad96

I had a good friend lose his job in this latest bloodletting, so if you want sympathy for Milwaukee's SE, please go elsewhere...

7. mizzou,

I was really trying to do this like a gentlemen, but you're one of the main bitches that I'm talking about. you claim to be in the know about every paper in the country, but my guess is that you aren't shit but a keyboard warrior. how about this? You come out and try to be critical of everyone, how about attaching your real name to it? Or better yet, I'll make it easier for you. Just PM me your real name, like the MAN you pretend to be, and I'll pass that along to Garry for you. And off that, I'll PM you MY real name right back, because, I can guarantee you I have a lot more internal gumption than you, you fucking coward

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Can't we all just get along?

9. no, not with bitches like mizzou....he's in the know about milwaukee....he's in the know about denver, and it's union layoffs...he's in the know about knoxville and it's tennessee beat...he knows EVERYTHING...he must be the most plugged in dude in the fucking country.

Or he pretends to be...and then he can go and talk shit about one of the people who have been a great friend to me, one of the people who he wouldn't dare say the same shit in his face. I'm just sick of pretenders like that dude. And you can bet, if I knew who mizzou was, I'd repeat every last word to him in his face.

He's a fucking coward

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

floridanewbie31, obviously this bothers you. Try to keeep the personal stuff out if. It's like throwing gas on a flame.

11. it does bother me...this is supposed to be a professional message board. I wouldn't dare criticize someone in the business. I've been grinding through journalism for a decade, and I hope for at least three more, because I love writing. People like Mizzou, and there are others, make a mockery of this place. I've seen him slander many a name, but Garry's a friend. Plain and simple. Nobody's perfect, and I would never profess to be perfect. But people shouldn't be allowed to slander someone without reproach.

I'm simply calling the coward out. If he's man enough, he'll make himself known to me, I'll do the same for him, and I'll pass his info to Garry...

My guess is that he won't. Cowards don't do that

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I locked this earlier today but will unlock for the continuing Milwaukee news. But no more "calling out" or any other crap, please. Take it to PMs (and if your PMs aren't returned, that doesn't give you license to air the laundry here).

Draft saved Draft deleted