1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next choker to finally win the big one?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 5, 2007.

?

Who will be the next SJ.com/national whipping boy/team to finally win a title?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2007.
  1. Alex Rodriguez

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Chicago Cubs

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. Cleveland Indians

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Cleveland Browns

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Chicago Blackhawks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Marty Schottenheimer

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. New York Knicks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kansas men's basketball

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. UNC coach Roy Williams (with his own guys)

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  10. New York Jets

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  11. Detroit Lions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Arizona Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Herm Edwards (HAHAHAH!!!)

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, it has good reason to be. Just be thankful the Cavs aren't on that list.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Would love to see the Blackhawks hoist a Cup, but I got another dozen years before they even come close.

In the meantime, I think A-Rod has the best shot at leaving that list the soonest. Of course, the Cubs are a lock to come off the list in '08 (For the record, I'm a Cardinals fan.).

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If the Cubs ever do win it all, there wouldn't be a better time than 2008--"celebrating" the centennial of their previous championship, giving writers the 'every hundred years the Cubs win a title' line, and giving Cubs fans the warm feeling that their descendants 4 generations from now would be able to celebrate another championship in 2108.

And the Cardinals really don't belong on this list. You have to be good to choke; you have to be in position to win something, some time, to cough it up. That isn't the case for this hapless franchise. Screw you, Bidwill.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Where Roger Federer? He chokes on clay.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Minnesota Vikings ... once they get a QB and WRs and more defense and ... a plan.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tiger Woods pulls a Boots? :D

The Jets are on the list because they haven't won a Super Bowl in 38 years. It has nothing to do with Mangini or any of the players on the team.

Roy Williams is on the list because he's a douche, and it's fun to watch him lose. Let's see him win after he's laid the groundwork, instead of Matt Doherty recruiting a brilliant class and then getting the bum's rush.

Kansas is on the list because I wanted to annoy Oz. :D :D Plus, between Roy always pissing it away and the last two Marches under Bill Self, Jayhawks fans have suffered plenty even though they won it all 19 years ago.

Mostly, this thread is a way to poke fun at myself for saying Peyton and Dungy were frauds and chokers. Except in A-Rod's case. Then it's to call him a fraud and a choker.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It takes a lot more than that to annoy me, I'm too laid back for that. Now if you were to say that Gore is better than Tomlinson ... ;D

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

A-Rod and McNabb.

10. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

I Cowher can do it, Marty has a shot ...

11. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

If Cowher can do it, Marty has a shot ...(my bad)

Draft saved Draft deleted