1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt: Let's Go Impeachin'!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Feb 26, 2011.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I hope they listen to him. It worked out so well for the GOP the last time.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/gingrich-obamas-doma-move-sounds-impeachable-to-me-video.php

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Newt is a joke. And a lying hypocrite to boot.

He also doesn't think that whole shutting down the government deal worked out so bad for him and his troops.

Delusions of grandeur at their finest.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's not without good ideas, but he has no feel for tact and sensitivity, and it's led him to hilarious embarassment, all his life.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Smart guy, turd in the punchbowl. Absolutely no one should ever vote for him for any office.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Unless Obama somehow does something so blatantly criminal, they won't impeach him.

How bad would it look that the GOP would impeach the last TWO Democratic presidents? People would start to think that they were trying to undermine the electoral process.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

gee, ya think?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

When did we say politics were OK? I look and there's three threads up top? We try to be "loose" with this because the board in general has handled the last couple of discussions well. But let's be careful out there.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you look at your own link? Is Newt advocating for impeachment?

9. secretariat

So because he panicked and got his handlers into spin control means he didn't say it in the first place? That's an interesting point of view.

10. YankeeFan

11. secretariat

Uh huh. I am able to read. Quite well, actually. And I read that the first time. What I didn't read was:

So I'm not sure of your point.

12. YankeeFan

And you got the headline, "Let's Go Impeachin'!" out of that exchange? Really?

I sure hope you don't write headlines for a living. Or, if you do, I hope you don't write headlines that are so misleading in your professional life.

Draft saved Draft deleted