1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Jeb has no chance.
    As for the remark that "how about never" for another Texas president? Well, I say four years of the guy from the People's Republic of Chicago is enough.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

After Lyndon and W? Egomaniacal disasters, from both sides.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As I've noted here previously, both Ann and W suffered from the same debilitating problem, and wound up far the worse for it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Perry seems like a pretty straight down the line conservative - but when I saw him on the Daily Show, the cuffs, the collars, the winking, just didn't seem like an act that would wear well nationwide.
    Plus he looks like the love child of too many college football coaches I can't stand.

5. As Perry just asked Texans to pray to Jesus for rain, and invited governors to that upcoming Houston prayer event with the creepy organizers, his presumptive presidential candidacy could be a fascinating measurement of the national mindset circa 2012. Where stands today the last first-world country that still lets religion seep so acceptedly into government and still, on balance, still values religion's guesswork over science's hard work?

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Really? Is this documented somewhere? Never heard the story.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Documented? Ha!

IIRC, a former campaign worker claims he saw it. It's been part of the Newt lore for years.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Well no wonder she gets a half million allowance at Tiffany's.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Well maybe New York's Weiner will rehab himself in time to run.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's a superficial little twit of scant maturity who deserves everything he's catching right now.
    Didn't see anybody here ever tout him for greater things, didja? He was a nightmare mayoral prospect even before the current unpleasantness.

Draft saved Draft deleted