1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I would wholeheartedly agree with you IF that money was coming from anywhere other than the oil companies. But right now there is such a negative feeling toward Big Oil that I believe it would hurt Perry a lot more than you think. Because you can be dead certain the everyone from Mitt to Obama will do everything they can to remind voters exactly who it is that is behind Rick Perry, if he gets into the race.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

According to the financial disclosure paperwork Romney completed prior to the 2008 campaign, his net worth is between $190 and $250 million. While that's a lot of money to us ordinary folk, it's really not that much compared to how much Presidential campaigns cost. If wealthy donors abandon him, Romney won't be able to keep up the fight for terribly long.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Romney has the ability to raise money.

Though Perry inherited GWB's office in Austin, I don't see any indication he will inherit his fundraising apparatus.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Perry's money isn't oil money. It is from a variety of business types including homebuilders and folks he has appointed to boards and such.

If Newt is really out, I will dance with glee. He is the smartest dumbass in the world.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

This is BHO's biggest nightmare. Romney can beat him. Perry can kick his ass.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If the economy stays stalled (and we certainly can't expect the GOP to do anything to improve it over the next 18 months) and it becomes an anybody-but-Obama election, Perry's the best "anybody but" the GOP has at this stage.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the denials.

Austin Statesman

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/region/legislature/stories/04/17/0417gop.html

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It may be a little too soon for the country to go for another President from Texas.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"How about never? Is never soon enough for you?"

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just so I (along with the rest of the board) understand: This lone exchange is repeated pumping of the idea that Texas should secede.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know a single person who supports Gingrich.

Draft saved Draft deleted