1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek: We're an ignorant nation, are you among them? Take the test and see

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Re: Newsweek: We're an ignorant nation, are you among them? Take the test and se

Republican answer: By earning more electoral votes, like George W. Bush did fairly and squarely in 2000.
    Democrat answer: By cheating! Like George W. Bush did in 2000!
    Libertarian/Green Party/Reform Party answer: Wait a second, that's possible!? There's hope for us yet!

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

20/20.

I feel like Usain Bolt after winning a 200-meter dash against the collected casts of "The Biggest Loser," "Jackass" and "Jersey Shore."

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Postmaster General hasn't been a cabinet-level official -- or a member of the executive branch -- since the Nixon administration.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

It's that damn rap music. That, and Lady Gaga.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I didn't know that.

Chalk me up among the ignorant.

All I really remember about the PG are depictions of Washington with his cabinet and later on, I read "Team of Rivals" about Lincoln and his cabinet. I always thought that the PG had the cushiest job among them.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah, in suburbia, and the contrast between then and now on the cirriculum, the BASIC cirriculum, is staggering, particularly in the actual teaching that goes on (per my eyewitness) to the lack of challenge and level of expectation. The whole damn spring semester is geared toward the standardized tests that will tell how much money a district gets. After testing, everyone, teachers included in the ones I've seen, seem to put it on cruise control.
    The good teachers are underpaid and under appreciated or offered early retirement, swapping spots with one that generally is more concerned with a job that has three months off.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Funny stuff right there.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I assume it's done that way to maximize page views, sort of like those Bleacher Report slide shows.

9. MrHavercamp

MrHavercamp Member

They left out the most important question: Do you still subscribe to Newsweek?

If you answer yes, then you must be a moron.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

14 for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted