1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek: We're an ignorant nation, are you among them? Take the test and see

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Mar 21, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I got 10 right. :)

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to think it's easier for us just to declare "America is No. 1" and leave it at that.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Visit a public school anywhere.

Not that you won't trip upon some good students. You will. But the mass of idiots is expanding with every year.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The kids these days spend too much time lawn-standing and not enough studying.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Lawn-standing my ass. Try Nintendo playing. There's more text messages sent in class than paragraphs written.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Scored three right. Once I got into the secretaries, that was it.

Funny thing, though. I didn't see the Postmaster General listed. I always thought that since the PG is a member of the cabinet, that they would be in the line of succession, and that the country would be in deep shit if they had someone who was responsible for the mail to be leading the way.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Private school students don't text?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I take it you went to a public school

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stupid test. Terrible format.

Pass.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Flat-out missed the Cold war one, which I would have gotten had I read the thread first. Like DanOregon, I put "avoiding annihilation by USSR nuclear weapons." Forgot about Italy. I said national defense on the government powers one, which I'm giving myself credit for. So I got 18 2/3 out of 20.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Probably for 14 years. :)

And if you understand higher thinking skills, regurgitation of facts (NCLB) is not very important.

A better question would be to give an example of how a President can be elected with less votes from voters than his or her opponent.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Except booing Santa Claus. That shit follows you.

Draft saved Draft deleted