1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek: 'Heaven is Real'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 11, 2012.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty skeptical about this kind of thing. I'm a believer, but what I believe in is beyond the realm of science (meaning, it's folly to try to use science to prove something that's absolutely non-scientific). But you know how you always hear about the "walk toward the light" bit? I stood at my father's bedside as he died, and his face had been very neutral all that afternoon (he'd been unconscious since about midday). In those very last moments, however, he grimaced* and turned his head as if he was suddenly confronted with a blinding light. The grimace went away almost immediately after the moment of his passing. I suspect it was simple involuntary muscle twitches, but it looked so much like something else.

*Close your eyes and then, while keeping them closed, imagine looking into a blinding light. You squint, even with your eyes closed, right? That's what he did.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This is about dinosaurs but I think it fits with heaven talk. Seinfeld.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not that a discussion like this couldn't be of interest, but this shit is why I stopped reading Newsweek long ago.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Who are these people involved in this chatter about Newsweek cover stories? Did we go back in time to 1995?

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I thought this was another poin thread

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Sheep go there as well:

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Which magazine will be the first to put a picture on the cover of a 55-year-old man who died and went to heaven and was breast-fed there by his mother?

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Hustler did that years ago.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

The Kendalls appreciate the confirmation.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On I-65 north leaving Montgomery. What is it about that road?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Every day is Christmas in heaven

Draft saved Draft deleted