1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newsweek about to publish embarrassing McCain story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 28, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

...according to HuffPost. Apparently the lovely couple haven't paid property taxes on their La Jolla home for the last four years and are in default.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/28/mccains-failed-to-pay-tax_n_109785.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

LIBERAL MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If that's true that's just a really dumb move by McCain.

He ran in 2000. He knew he was going to be running this time.

Don't you pay someone to go through that crap and make sure everything is in order?

4. Like Whitewater with the Clintons or Rezko with Obama, this'll be far too complicated to make a ripple to the average voter.

I suppose the spin is that an "elite" like McCain doesn't feel like he has to pay his taxes like everybody else, but I imagine that'll fail to stick.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Zeke, multimillionaire Republicans don't like to pay taxes. Those are for the rest of us.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Absurd. It was a $6,700 debt, and Cindy is worth $100 million. I seriously doubt they were trying to get away with something.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You mean like Willie Nelson, right?

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ah, so they were just absentminded and forgot about it. Good quality for a president.

Although, maybe that would be a good way for the country to deal with its debts. Just forget to make the payments.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Fixed.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

They apparently own like seven homes, some held in trust, and I'm sure they have a lot of people handling their finances. Jesus, does everyone have to be so partisan that anything done by the other guy must be pure evil?

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Pure evil? No. Funny and unfortunate for the rival of the political candidate I prefer? Yes.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Um, yes. Where the hell have you been?

In all likelyhood, and seriousness, this is going to be a blip for a couple of days, and then the campaign will go on to whatever's next.

Draft saved Draft deleted