1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NewsRadio

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

WGN is airing reruns during noon (CST) during the week.

Love, love, love that show.

Andy Dick.....not so much, but Hartman and Foley are very good on that show together.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

One of the funniest and most underrated shows of the '90s, and had great talent on it - Maura Tierney, Dave Foley and Khandi Alexander. It's on in the afternoons on my cable network, the other day I watched when Jon Lovitz was brought in to replace the late Phil Hartman.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hartman was indeed flame accelerant for that show.

But Stephen Root and his interplay with Foley was the glue.

Tierney.... god, major underrated smokin.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes, indeedy.

5. greenthumb

greenthumb Member

Love NewsRadio. Pure genius. TBS shows reruns every weekday in the early afternoon.

Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match. (Jimmy James, Macho Business Donkey Wrestler)

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I always loved this show (when Hartman was alive). Andy Dick was actually funny, Joe Rogan wasn't get a tool, Dave Doley still had a non-poker host career and Stephen Root was at his live-action best.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I loved that show. It was great when A&E used to go Law and Order and NewsRadio with back-to-back reruns in the late morning. Perfect way to start a lazy college student's day.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Never cared for it when it was on, but watching it in reruns on A&E a few years ago made me appreicate it.
    Great ensemble -- even Andy Dick...
    A show where I first learned to appreciate Lauren Graham during her few-show stint as an efficency expert..

And concur with the Maura Tierney Fan Club

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Count me in as a fan of the show, of Tierney in said show.

Anyone also like Northern Exposure? I got the first season on DVD.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've been watching it on TBS or TNT (whichever of those it is) in the early afternoon. I loved it when it was new, and love it now. Even bought the first two seasons on DVD. I don't so much like Lovitz -- he sucks, frankly, but the parts of the show he's not on are still very good. Losing Hartman really was the end of that show. But it was f-ing hilarious until then.

What's Stephen Root been up to recently? I know he was in Office Space and King of the Hill, but has that been it for him? And Dave Foley, too. I loved him in Newsradio, but I've not seen him in anything else (save Kids in the Hall).

And Tierney was absolutely smokin' back then. Lauren Graham... there's something about here, can't quite pinpoint what... but there's something about her I don't like.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Dave Foley is hosting Celebrity Poker Showdown (is it still on with new seasons???) on Bravo if I remember correctly.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maura Tierney AND Lauren Graham on the same show...oh, oh my. Proof God wants us to be happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted