1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspapers alive and well! For Real! On November 5 anyway

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Small Town Guy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I didn't check out the whole thread, but doesn't Nov. 5 represent everything wrong with newspapers? My shop ran out of the Nov. 5 issue very early in the morning and had to reprint it. Even then, they didn't have enough to supply demand.
    Personally, I think that's poor planning on our part which is a result of upper management having no idea of what readers really want, IMO. I can't imagine how much money was lost due to their poor planning. Which makes me think of how much money they lose on a regular basis when it comes to decisions more complex.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

That's exactly what I said on the first page of the thread. But you've got to remember, these are people who were on the fence about the Internet for 13 yeas.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In fairness, I don't think there was anyone on the board who said "hey, we're gonna sell a shitload of papers if Obama wins; better be ready to add another press run. I recall a good bit if surprise here that it happened.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

They're ALIVE!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted