1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspaper sports section links

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Jan 5, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've updated my links page for the top newspaper sports section Web sites. Here's what I need from you folks.

I have open space for five (5) more newspaper sites. Tell me what newspapers you think I should add, and when we reach a consensus, I'll do so. Just list them here.

2. Knoxville News Sentinel, perhaps? It's a top-100 paper.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/sports/

Also the (Southside) Chicago Daily Herald actually is headquartered in Arlington Heights, a northern suburb.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

HELMETS!

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

As a Canadian, I'd suggest ditching the Ottawa and Toronto Sun, replacing them with the Ottawa Citizen and Toronto Star.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm quite open to that if we get some consensus on it.

6. ECrawford

ECrawford Member

Shameless plug for my own employer: Louisville Courier-Journal.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Keep 'em coming. I can add more rows.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wichita Eagle. Largest newspaper in Kansas with all the quality you would want.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Only reason I say it is because many Sun columnists are now syndicated. The only difference between the Ottawa Sun and Toronto Sun is local sports coverage. Ottawa has only the Senators. Most of their other stuff, columnists included, come from the Big Smoke (that's Toronto for you Americans).

Perhaps only ditch the Ottawa Sun (at least Toronto has NBA and NHL and MLB) and insert the Citizen.

Great site though, shotglass.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to metion I'm anti-Quebecor (the cost-cutting company that owns Sun papers in Canada, but they don't own the Vancouver Sun, go figure!). The Vancouver Sun is great, sports-wise.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Done (Wichita), done (Ottawa Citizen) and thanks.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Columbus Dispatch?

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since the Trenton Times and Star Ledger share the nj.com website, you could put an extra paper on there if you drop the Times, as much as I hate to say that.

Draft saved Draft deleted