1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspaper: Romney "must be stopped"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 24, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Surprised I haven't seen this here yet:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/23/romney-gets-anti-endorsement-from-granite-state-paper/

from the AP story...

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Newspaper: Mitch "must be stopped"

Thread title had me thinking this would be about a certain Detroit columnist (who indeed must be stopped). Who's Mitch? You mean Mitt?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I did mean Mitt and to avoid any further confusion and typos I just changed the name of the thread to Romney instead of Mitch (or Mitt).

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I cannot believe that paper let that go through. God forbid the man gets assassinated, imagine the fury and the investigating that paper will haver thrust upon it.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Love how Mitt's people say the differences are drivers licenses and a line in the Pledge; the AP makes sure the paper's disagreement is on something a little more substantial.

and Mark, it says Mitt must be "stopped" not "shot".

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a list of candidates the Monitor didn't consider phony.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Had they put shot, at least it'd be more clear. They really opened themselves up to a lot of trouble with that one.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't know. Psychos are psychos. And if someone wanted to shoot Mitt Romney, they'd find reasoning in a bowl of corn flakes.

9. Oh, lord.
    We start tailoring words based on their interpretations by psychopaths, and we're sort of out of business.

10. "Must be stopped" is acceptable terminology? Sounds like something out of a sci-fi film.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Sorry, F_B, it's not just based on psychos.
    It's irresponsible, period.
    Fine, you don't like the man's positions, don't think he's a good candidate? Say that, it's what the editorial board is for.
    Must be stopped? Stupid and bordering on a threat.

12. "Must be stopped" is irresponsible?
    Wow.
    We're all being very polite here.

Draft saved Draft deleted