1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspaper Insider/Rumor Forum?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EagleMorph, Jun 27, 2010.

1. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

A while back, I remember seeing a link to a web site that served as a rumor mill/insider/gossip page for a lot of newspapers around the country. It seemed to be used the most for some personnel moves that were being bandied about around here, as well as for layoffs and other bits.

Basically seemed to be a pretty basic web site and forum, but I can't seem to find the link for it.

Anyone have a clue what I could be talking about?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There used to be the NewsMait forum in the late 90s, which was one of the first Internet sites to dish dirt on the behind the scenes stuff at newspapers.

Most of it was complaining about the bosses and stuff like that. Still, it was pretty interesting stuff. The guy who ran it shut it down about 10 years ago, supposedly because the comments were getting too out of hand, but also, allegedly, because newspaper higher-ups were pressuring him to cut it out.

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Thanks Baron, but this one appeared to still be active, or at least active within the past 6-12 months.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The best snark is the sneaky kind.

Draft saved Draft deleted