1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspaper-affiliated blogs of athletes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter_Sobchak, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Is this going be a new phenomenon? The Dallas Morning News just started running a blog by Martellus Bennett, in which he discusses aliens and females farting, and advocates leaving your ugly date stranded at the movies.

http://cowboysinsiderblog.dallasnews.com

I'm not going to lie, I laughed at a lot of what he wrote, due to the unintentional comedy aspect. But I know a lot of people on here were not in favor of the T&A aspect that the Arizona Republic went with at times, so what's the feeling on this one? And are there other blogs like this out there?

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

My thoughts?

The two giant screen-wide ads that came up for two different movies on that site made me close the window quickly.

Those are my thoughts.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

DMN is publishing a blog by a player that it will cover?

I could see a special occasion for a "diary" of sorts, like a local player in the Olympics. But something like this screams in the face of ethics.

4. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

They did it with Kevin Burnett last season.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who is Kevin Burnett?

6. KG

KG Active Member

So women aren't allowed to fart unless it's silent and smells like roses? Exactly how does he expect a woman to control that aspect of her gastrointestinal functions?

I should refrain from posting my original revenge thought.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I say we tie him up and flatulate on his face.

8. KG

KG Active Member

Ha. Thanks for saying it.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

To be clear, he was writing about "aliens, and females farting," as opposed to "aliens and females farting." I think the latter crosses a line that I don't want from my real-NFL-player blog.

Draft saved Draft deleted