1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newseum tickets: $20

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If I'm paying $20, I better see animitronic parents complaining that their gymnastics kid works just as hard as the basketball players. You could make it interactive, complete with seven audio buttons to push for full effect:

A. "You're costing my daughter a scholarship."
    B. "How am I supposed to put a two paragraph 'story' in my scrapbook?"
    C. "Gymnastics is the biggest sport during the Olympics, are you out of touch?"
    D. "You don't root enough for the home team, don't you know you're shirking your public relations duty?"
    E. "You don't fail to report our falling test scores, but God forbid you report my daughter's fourth place in the paralell bars."
    F. "I don't care if the coach isn't calling it in, if you covered the sport the way it deserves he wouldn't need to."
    G. "Fuck you, I'm cancelling my subscription and I'm telling every other parent to do the same. You'll know our wrath when you get your paycheck, Mr. Basketball Asshole!"

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never been to the Holocaust Museum but last year I did get to go to Auschwitz for a day. Nothing I've ever done in my life came close to moving me like that, the cab ride back with five people was completely silent the whole way to Krakow.

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Now I'd pay $20 to see that.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ditto.

We ended up with one of the kids attached to mom and the other with me.

My 10-year-old said, "This place makes me not feel so good."

"That's kind of the idea," I said.

A must-see, though.

Newseum, not so much, I fear, at $20 a pop. There's more free stuff than you can do in a week in Washington.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our super-cool online dude says to just save your money.

In a few years, all newspapers will be in museums.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Holocaust Museum is one of the few places I've left tremendously moved by what I saw/heard/read.

Newseum won't be in my future, unless my unemployment office gives me free passes after the paper shuts down.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, need to hear more about this.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Probably intended that way.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's Al Neuharth's baby.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Metropolitan Museum of Art $20 and you get to see Rodin's Gates of Hell
    Newseum $20 and you get to see an IBM Selectric from the old Washington Star's metro desk

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, groan.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The exhibits will be short and not jump from one room to another, they'll all follow Real Life, Real News principles and roughly 30 percent of the cafeteria's menu will be pies.

Draft saved Draft deleted