1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News/Sports Writer somewhere in the Southeast

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RonClements, May 19, 2014.

1. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Kind of insulting to prospective employees that they comment about attaching a professional photo, and this is coming from a company that is "blindly" not telling anyone location, size of paper, name of a paper, circulation, etc. And, they're openly judging a person by his/her picture, provided they email one. Sounds like a back-stabbing, spineless, bush-league newspaper.

2. slc10

slc10 Member

I want to know where the paper was located for a couple of reasons. One is the community. I want to know a little something about because of a desire to be a part of it through organizations, churches and simply know about how the community works.
    My other reason is a situation that occured in Gainesville, GA where someone was claiming to start a paper and eventually it was found to be fradulent and the creator was arrested for a number of crimes.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Someone needs to figure out what paper this was so the person replying by email can be shamed and humiliated as deserved.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I've been tempted to play it straight and apply for this job just to see if I can get far enough to find out what is going on.

But I'm also smart enough to realize this type of boss would be just as likely to smear my name as publicly as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted