1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

news/sports reporter, Salem, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Apr 17, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Blue Mountain Eagle Newspaper -- News/Sports Reporter sought for weekly community newspaper. Excellent entry-level position. The Reporter will cover local sports, outdoor recreation, cops and courts, and general news; must be able to develop story ideas, take photographs, design pages, develop sources, and work in a cooperative team environment. Journalism education and/or experience required. Full-time position offering health and retirement benefits. The Blue Mountain Eagle (www.bluemountaineagle.com) is a member of the East Oregonian Publishing Company, a progessive family-owned company which includes The WallowaCounty Chieftain, The Daily Astorian, Chinook Observer, East Oregonian, Seaside-Sun.com and Capital Press. For immediate consideration send resume and letter of interest to: East Oregonian Publishing Company, PO Box 2048, Salem, OR 97308-2048; by FAX to 503-371-2935 or E-mail: hr@eopubco.org

2. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

so is the blue mountain hiring two sports/news reporters?

3. boots

boots New Member

I believe its one person who will do both jobs.

4. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I think there is this same job opening a few threads below this one.

5. statrat

statrat Member

Just for the record this job is not in Salem, it's in John Day...which is in the middle of nowhere.
    http://www.google.com/maps?q=John+Day,+OR,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

I drove through there once, and it's not in the middle of nowhere, it's nowhere near nowhere.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Edited for clarity

8. boots

boots New Member

If you have a problem with the ad. Go to the source, journalismjobs.com.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Jesus Christ. I wasn't even talking to you, you attention whore. ::)

10. boots

boots New Member

Watch your language. I don't seek or want attention from anyone, especially you. You edited my post. I just told you the source. Was your post necessary? No. You just wanted to show your intelligence. You have. This should end your thought. Now, back to the topic at hand.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

12. boots

boots New Member

Quit being a kid. You don't know how to leave things alone do you. If you can't say what the acronym means, don't say anything at all. What are you trying to prove? Get the last word in and let it go boy, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted