1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News/Sports designer - Statesville, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ColbertNation, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Company: Statesville Record & Landmark
    Position: News/sports designer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: September 12, 2007
    Job ID: 813341

Description:
    The Statesville Record & Landmark, a 15,000 daily located 45 minutes from Charlotte, has an immediate opening for a copy editor/page designer to work on our copydesk designing news, sports and feature pages. The best candidates will have a proven track record of writing snappy headlines and designing compelling pages. Send cover letter, resume and design samples to Editor Mike Fuhrman, P.O. Box 1071, Statesville, NC 28687, or mfuhrman@statesville.com

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=813341

Three words: Avoid this paper.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Colbert, could you elaborate on that?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, I thought Statesville was okay. As small MG papers go, at least (they don't pay that well). It's got to be better than Morganton, at any rate.

4. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

It's been a while since I've been there (although not so long that I still don't get a little queasy whenever I think about it), but when I was, the newsroom was out of control. Petty bickering, backstabbing, drug addicts -- and management had no clue (or maybe just didn't want to know) what was going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted