1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News Reporter, Santa Barbara News Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, May 3, 2007.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

You'd likely move on with Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis or worse. Santa Barbara is the STD capital of California.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dear "Idaho", this is not a newspaper you want on your resume at this time. Any hiring editor in the future will look at you as someone who wouldn't have his or her back, or who doesn't have an understanding of journalism ethics.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thanks for the visual

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I agree. I was just thinking to myself about the poor people who still work there just trying to provide for themselves and their families while not wanting to be stained by the maniac in the leather chair. Impossible to not be stained, I know, but just wondering to myself how hard it would be to be the little sports guy in the corner just trying to write high school gamers and not get involved with the other side of the newsroom -- trying to imagine being that guy.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

OK, I'm sure this is probably a google search could take care of, but why all the venom toward this place and 'Wendy'?

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Also google "Santa Barbara Smackdown" and/or "Susan Paterno." Still the best article for those who are new to all the NP shenanigans.

Draft saved Draft deleted