1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News, photo openings in Vicksburg, Miss.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by e_bowker, Nov 28, 2011.

1. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Giving a bump to post another news opening in Vicksburg. Our top news editor is leaving to take a job outside of journalism. She put in her two weeks' notice earlier this week, and the hunt is on for her replacement.
    This is a desk job. Not sure how much, if any, management is involved, but other than cleaning up copy and maybe making a few weekend phone calls there's no reporting. The ME said this morning it was more of a "content editor" slot, whatever that entails.
    I don't know exactly what the pay is, but we're a 12K daily so you can do the math.
    Contact info is the same. ME said she'd like to get someone in as soon as possible, so if you're interested or know someone looking for this type of position please send your stuff or pass the word ASAP.
    Thanks.

Here's the contact info again:
    Karen Gamble
    Managing editor
    The Vicksburg Post
    P.O. Box 821668, Vicksburg, MS 39182
    E-mail: kgamble@vicksburgpost.com
    Phone: 601-636-4545, Ext. 131

2. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Another bump to mention that the photographer's position has been filled. We're still looking for a news reporter and news editor.

Draft saved Draft deleted