1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News Journalists.com?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by always_looking, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Folks,

I know that SportsJournalists.com tried a news journalists message board a while back that didn't fly. Since then, have any similar sites for news (non-sports) journalists popped up that someone can direct me to? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is far from a sports-journo-dominated site. Lots of sporst journos, yes, but an equal amount not in sports.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

RIP NewsMAIT

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Used to love reading that site. Shame that it went away.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Used to be a forum called Poison Kitchen which was excellent as well.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Back to the topic at hand:

Like some one else mentioned, there's lots of non-sports journos here. I'm one of them - business, government and cops - although I used to be an SE for a small weekly.

I have found the journalism board on here an invaluable resource, up to asking an AP style question on a news story because I'm either away from my AP book or my book is so old I can't find the answer I need.

I usually can find that answer here - which is what keeps me from leaving the board when I get aggravated by some of the piddly crap on the other sub-boards.

There's some great people here, willing to help. Don't ever think that help is limited to sports writing only.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I've posted news stories and opinion columns on the Writers Workshop threads. I've gotten excellent feedback from several people on here.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm not great, but I'll help, too.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Later in the week, I'll be willing to help as much as I can.

Early in the week, I'm focusing on putting my paper out.

Draft saved Draft deleted