1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NEWS FLASH ... five years later.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rudy Petross, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

Wow, way to stay on top of the news and we wonder why the Internet is replacing newspapers.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/hurd-273214-county-orange.html

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm sorry, did I miss the Internet media scooping this five years ago?

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Gee, Rudy, another kind of "other thought" response to one of your posts ... but I'm not seeing anything in that story to indicate that anybody -- newspaper or not -- would have gotten that story, given the circumstances.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I was kind of wondering why his tweets stopped.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

It's pretty obvious from his side sig and the tone of all his posts that Rudy is a moron who delights in ripping everything about newspapaers and revels in people losing their jobs.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ah, I didn't even see the line under his icon. Hmmm ...

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I'm guessing ... sophomore class yearbook photo?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Business Card.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"A man has barricaded himself in his midtown apartment. Police say he is not armed, not holding any hostages and nobody seems to care."

/georgecarlin

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://50cases.freedomblogging.com/

This story is part of a larger running piece, and when you do something like this, a "where are they now" type of feature usually is of interest to the reader.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit! I had the devil worshiping killer in my 2005 dead pool. I demand a recount!

12. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

I merely point out the absurdity of this business and present these items for intelligent discussion, which you are obviously not capable of doing. I have no dog in this fight and do not revel in anyone losing their job. If that is what you got from this post you are the true moron.

Draft saved Draft deleted