1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News Corp to challenge ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

This could be interesting.
    http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052702303816504577310001362889314.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe it will fare better than this:

[​IMG]

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If it's anything like their syndicated radio offering, I don't have high hopes.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Too fair, too balanced?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods and Barry Bonds: They had it coming?

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

In fairness Fox only licenses out the name for Fox Sports Radio, it's run by Premiere/Clear Channel.

The marketplace is getting awfully crowded, though, with NBC and CBS' networks as well.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If it doesn't have Who's Now, Who's Hotter, Coors Cold Hard Facts, or feature a lot of men shouting at each other, I'm in.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

If they don't go the hip-trip route, it could make a serious challenge.

9. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Let's hope they get Keith Olbermann back to host their nightly highlight show!

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Fox, promise me you won't lead with a mundane NBA game on Sportscenter when other big news events have occurred and you've got me hooked.

Nothing pisses me off more than "Yes, we know so-and-so threw a no-hitter today, but how about those Jazz-Thunder highlights?"

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Which of the 7 ESPN channels is it going to challenge?

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

As long as they have a true hour-long highlights show...with ALL sports included...not just what you have under contract to show live events off.
    So sick of wanting to see NHL highlights and getting maybe one in the Top 10 every night on SC.
    Good thing there is NHL OT on NBCSN.

Draft saved Draft deleted