1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

News and Sports copy editor, Washington, D.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Mar 5, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Stars and Stripes, the daily independent newspaper published for the U.S. Military oversees, is searching for a news and sports copy editor in our Washington, DC, office to do page layouts. Must have bright layouts, gripping headlines and daily newspaper experience. Knowledge of the military a plus. E-mail your cover letter, resume and clips to the email address or fax number below. Equal Opportunity Employer.

Excellent knowledge of written English. Ability to write good headlines and summarize news stories concisely and accurately. Previous experience as a copy editor with a daily newspaper, or a degree in print journalism, or the equivalent. Familiarity with editorial computer systems.

You must include this job announcement number on your application: Copy Editor: NCNAFAN070318 Sports Editor: NCNAFAN070319 Apply to: Email: wramcvabnaf@amedd.army.mil

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oversees?
    Yes, a copy editor is needed.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I have a friend who worked for this pub and he loved it.

Of course, it seems over the years I've seen this opening come up a few times. So not sure if there are issues or if people are just leaving for promotions and what-not.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Man, there was a time when I would have given my left nut for a job there.

I had an experience relating to my submitting materials to them, and their response, that always struck me as odd. Still, would be a decent gig.

5. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude New Member

I don't know if Stars and Stripes is going through a major expansion or if they just have a lot of turnover, but they've advertised at least a half-dozen jobs on journalismjobs.com since mid-September, split pretty evenly between D.C. and overseas.

Draft saved Draft deleted