1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newly available: Danica Patrick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Nov 20, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The only reason I ran about 4 grafs of this in Wednesday's paper was because most folks will react the way I did: "Hell, I didn't know she was married."

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Oooh, I know who we can set her up with
    http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/41d0d729599846aa81180a10010d2a0e/FBC--Missouri-Pinkel-Divorce

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We had that with Jeff Gordon and Michael Waltrip already.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Are you calling Tony Stewart a homewrecker? :D

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She's "available" again:

Sprint Cup driver Danica Patrick will lose her primary sponsor and longtime benefactor next season as GoDaddy will not return to NASCAR, USA TODAY Sports has learned.

Patrick, 33, is in the final year of her contract atStewart-Haas Racing and now in search of a primary sponsor for next season.

GoDaddy is looking to sign her to a personal services contract but will no longer sponsor her No. 10 Chevrolet race car.

Danica Patrick losing GoDaddy sponsorship in 2016

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Better win a race pretty soon or the novelty will be over.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

She's got a lot of miles on her.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Surprised NASCAR hasn't already made that happen.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

She'll get another sponsor. Her Q Score is too high not to. And that's one of the big problems with racing today.

The decision couldn't have been a surprise to SHR, although I'm sure they held out a glimmer of hope it wouldn't happen. GoDaddy's marketing strategy has changed significantly since the founder sold the company a few years ago. Among other things they had pulled out of their non-Danica related racing sponsorships a good while ago.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

She actually has been improving on the track. She's got a couple of top-10 finishes this year and her average finish has been better each year. She won't consistently win, but it wouldn't surprise me if she found a way to steal one at a place like Talladega (which is this weekend, coincidentally), where you just have to be lucky more than anything.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not terribly surprising to me. They are still planning to have her on a personal services contract. I just don't think a lot of people are paying as much attention to what she does on the track. Now, if she does win a race or two, and I hope she does, GoDaddy is going to regret it.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't think her Q score is really that high. It's generally acknowledged among fans, even her fans, that she's a real bitch, and her looks are only going to go downhill from here on out. She needs to win a few races.

Dale Sr. and Richard Petty were assholes personally and fans were fine with it because they won a lot. You can be asinine personally and get away with it if the public perception is you're doing what you need to do to win.

But if you're an asshole/bitch who loses, you're just an asshole/bitch.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted