1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newfound love for Brendan Shanahan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey man, Karmanos has some great minor league hockey near me... can't argue with five dollar tickets.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember that story. It was Phil Maloney of the WHL's Vancouver Canucks who had gotten pounded, but the guy doing the pounding was Larry Zeidel, and Fergie was especially pissed off that no one had stepped in to help Maloney. Not too many years later, while in the AHL, Fergie made sure Zeidel got his.

And Ferguson wasn't an enforcer of sorts - he was the pre-eminent enforcer in the league during the 1960s, and may have been the best fighter in NHL history from the moment he stepped onto big league ice. That's not an exaggeration - only 12 seconds into his very first NHL game, he beat the living shit out of Boston's Ted Green, his first of two fights that night. He also scored two goals.

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Much better of description of Ferguson than I gave.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Major Junior. Not minor league.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Five dollar tickets!

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

RIP Ginopolis's On The Ice.

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

CJ's isn't terrible. The pizza is very good, and Mrs. Fly swears by their fish and chips.

Yeah, no more Montgomery Inn ribs downstairs....

Draft saved Draft deleted