1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newest Incaviglia Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 10, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'll soon be revisiting the "Newborn" thread. And, perhaps I'll start the "How the hell do I raise TWO kids?" running thread.

My wife delivered my first son Wednesday of last week. Baby Inkyette now has a baby Inky to deal with.

He arrived weighing in at eight pounds, nine ounces and measuring 22 inches in length.

Mom and son are home and chillin'.

Mom was a champ again. Went into labor at 2:45 p.m. and delivered a baby sans epidural by 7:25 p.m.

Not much to add, other than I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Oh, but seriously, how the hell do you raise TWO kids?!
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Two kids . . . while working in THIS industry . . . in THIS job climate . . .

That would push me over the stress cliff.
  3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Congrats on the new arrival
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Congrats man...
  5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Congrts!!! Take some FMLA time and enjoy being home with Baby Inky.

Remember to aim a certain part down when putting it in the diaper and to use the diaper as a shield during changes.

I forget how old Baby Inkyette is, but is she at the age where she wants to help take care of her brother?

Just take all the lessons you learned with Inkyette and apply them to Inky. You'll do fine.
  7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new Inky. Join me by trying for three!
  8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Thanks all.

Yeah, I'm a little stressed regaridng this business and economy, but what can you do? I'm always looking to get out.

EStreet, yeah, I got caught with the fire house pointing up already. So yes, I'm using the diaper shield every time now! My daughter's two and a bit. She wants to help, but she's so unfamiliar with her own strength she's sometimes too rough. But it's hilarious to watch her.

Expendable, three kids is the goal. But man, two is already a handful.
  9. Double J

Double J Active Member

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Congrats, Pete! Raising two kids is easy. Of course, I say that having four. Actually, you caught a major break not having two kids of the same sex so close in age. That'll cut the fighting between the kids down by about 95 percent.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Congrats, Pete!

With two kids, make sure you pamper the oldest one a little bit, especially now. She'll probably be feeling some jealousy at some point. Try to make some time just for her, whether it's just taking her to the park, or something like that.
  12. shockey

shockey Active Member

congrats, pete!! two is a treat -- you can still play man-to-man defense with mrs. pete. three is the charm, when you have to play a zone.

you and the mrs. are loving parents. you'll do great. tired, but great.
Draft saved Draft deleted