1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Times on ESPN landing Janay Rice interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Sorry, but New York Times is totally hating on this. Both interviews were journalistically sound and the concessions were fine. This was a very sensitive subject for that family so I could see them wanting it portrayed accurately. That said I believe Janay and her family look worse than Ray in this because they seem to be willing to do anything for money. I would have asked Janay could she encourage her and Ray's daughter to be so giving and understanding if a man punched her in the face like that. I thought Jemele did a fantastic and professional job as always. And Matt is just a pro so there was no doubt he would do a great job. I am more bothered about the journalism ethics of reporting on another organizations reporting process. That seems a little bush league to me. Just work harder next time to get the exlusive.

Draft saved Draft deleted