1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Times: A War We Just Might Win

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Gee, that's what I thought we were doing in Iraq Fenian.

Oh, wait. Only liberals can do anything sophisticated.

BTW Tony, great sig. And so true - we win this war, Bush is vindicated and there goes the lib's election hopes in 2008.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And again, the Republicans didn't capitalize on tragedy to start this war for their own political gains. Because Bush didn't have this war in mind when he got in office, no not at all.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Cute. A new bb for fb.

5. Apologize.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

ticktock.

[​IMG]

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

BB's you are.

Just don't bring your lovers spats on here for the rest of us to look at.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Why not apologize? It'll put us out of your misery.

[​IMG]

9. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

I see you like to break a mental sweat too.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It helps make that half hour on the elliptical move by fast. And if it gets the heart racing, well, all the better.

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Raise your hand if you've been over there.
    Raise your hand if you have talked to soldiers - a few, dozen, hundreds, whatever, from all ranks - who have been there.
    Raise your hand if you have talked to families whose soldiers are never coming home.

I've spent as much time as a military writer as I have a sports writer. I've talked to dozens of soldiers, from privates to generals, and to dozens of families. The soldiers tell me that a lot of bad shit happens there, but a lot of good stuff goes on too, more than we know. None of them has come back to say that the situation is hopeless and we can't win, and some of these guys have been there and back and there again.
    Many families of soldiers who have been killed in Iraq that I have talked to - a couple of dozen, at least - have said they want this to succeed because they don't want their sons, brothers, husbands, to have died in vain, that they don't want the U.S. to give up right away.
    I've also spoken with Iraqis who are still optimistic, if very guardedly so.
    We're not getting the full story of what's going on there - from either side.

Draft saved Draft deleted