1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York, New York

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I just spit out my egg plant onto screen.

You want real good italian food go to Bensonhurt or Arthur ave in the Bronx ( with nice people from CT paying too much for great Italian food)

2. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Quick ideas:

Don't: Bus tours, the U.N., Empire State Building, ESPN zone in Times Sq, the Cloisters (yes, nice, but way out of the way), Famous Ray's Pizzas, MSG.

Do: the S.I. Ferry, Chrysler Building, Columbia University, the Guggenhiem, 4th Street basketball cage, Chinatown for food + Little Italy for dessert, TKTS for a show, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, interrior Grand Central Station, NY Public Libary, street vendor hot dogs.

3. My family and I took the Circle Line boat around Manhattan and loved every minute of it. (I finally found out where Washington Heights is.) And, this is absolutely the height of tourist drone-ery, but you will be extraordinarily impressed by the Statue of Liberty -- basically, I was floored by how alone it is out in the harbor.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

My parents dragged the family on that when we were kids....it was 105 degrees, packed solid with tourists, and people were puking everywhere...the ultimate Ellis Island Immigration Simulation.

5. A cool day in the fall, mid-week, and we killed the tourists and used them for snacks.
    All depends on how you prepare, I guess.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Always amazes me how quiet it is sitting on a bench in there with all that vertical concrete so close-by.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And I haven't even been to NYC yet. :D

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Papaya King

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heard Yankee Stadium can be fun... more so when the local baseball team is in town

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Going there this summer, to see the Royals shred the Yankees.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you have never been to NY for the Puerto Rican day parade it worth a trip. One of best days of year in city.

12. Peg McNichol

Peg McNichol Member

Glad to hear the Mrs. is up for traveling :)

I had to check and see if The Delta Grill was still around, as I was only there once, in 2002. It was a lovely dinner, great service, nice atmosphere.

Here's what other's have to say: http://www.yelp.com/biz/b1bTqwt9JiIysGY2huq10g

The Delta Grill:
    700 Ninth Ave. (near 48th Street)
    (212) 956-0934
    http://thedeltagrill.com
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted