1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new york mom arrested for kicking her kids out of the car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

http://lohud.com/article/20090421/NEWS02/904210347

I understand the frustration that could cause thoughts like this to happen, but Tebow - you don't actually follow through and kick your young girls onto the street and leave like that. you just don't.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't blame the mom for kicking her brats out of the car. You have to follow through on your threats.

I would charge the passerby who bought the girl ice cream as a possible sexual predator, though.

3. jps

jps Active Member

seriously, ace? I understand mom here in a sense, but she left a 10-year-old girl on the side of the road! and from the sounds of the tv account she was about 3 miles from home. not sure how long she waited before going back to find her, but it's just not right.

and what would you do if you see a little girl on the side of the road, crying? just ignore her and wait for an actual predator to stop by?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ace's sarcasm.

--------------------->

jps' head. :D

5. jps

jps Active Member

dj, I was up all night with the latest illness my daughter brought home from preschool. many things will be beyond my mental grasp today.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just having kids in the first place will do that to you. ;D

Only kidding....get better soon! :)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, jpg. Didn't mean to wig you out.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Guns don't kill parents. Kids do! :D

Hang tough jps. As a single parent I live through the same difficulties of the sick kid and feeling totally out of everything else.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

As long as she prefaced everything with a "Don't make me stop this car" I think she's in the clear.

10. My dad did this to me and my sister when I was 9 and she was 11 (which would have been 1992). We were 5 minutes from home on a 2 1/2 hour trip and apparently had annoyed the fuck out of him to the point that he pulled over, told us to get out, and sat there for a minute or two until we were scared shitless and he told us we could get back in. Got the point across and he said it was a couple months before me or my sister got into trouble again.

My dad did things like this quite often. Things that you would never tell a new parent to do. But it got the point across and I like to think my sister and I are better people for having some discipline in our lives.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bad moms are lightweights up there.
    Here, they just get tanked and drugged with two of their kids in the car and get pissed when stopped on the way to pick up another:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/WOOD23_20090422-222302/263033/

The neighborhood, Windsor Farms, is the very hoighty toighty one in town.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

And from the world's biggest idiots vault - here comes this mother...

Draft saved Draft deleted