1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Jets fire Eric Mangini.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 29, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That escalated quickly.[​IMG]

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're an idiot.

Allow me to repost the following:

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Are you touched? You called me an idiot for disagreeing with you? Hey, I want no parts of any debate with you. You're right. I'm wrong.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not touched at all. I want you to show me, in my argument, where I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize and give you all due praise.

5. Mediator

Mediator Member

Should be 1-4 in the last five weeks. Just saying.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're right. It should be 1-4 in the final five.
    Actually, save for Dick Jauron living up to his name in the final two minutes of the Bills-Jets game three weeks ago, Gangrene should have finished 0-5.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Mangini can be blamed for a lot, but the one thing it's unfair to blame him or the Jets for is the Favre/Pennington move. Going into this year, Pennington was a weak-armed QB with a history of shoulder problems who had lost his job to Kellen Clemens the previous season. Even among the people who weren't sold on Favre, there was nobody who thought Pennington was the long-term solution at quarterback, or that releasing him was any big deal.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's stunning that Tannenbaum could not get something for Pennington in a trade.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

As I have been saying in this thread, it is stunning he hasn't taken shrapnel in all this.

Yes... I've heard all the capologist crap.

As if any team doesn't have one.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't want anything from you except to stop trying to out people and calling names. Your argument is great but the other stuff isn't needed.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Boradway Joe has it right -- I love Chad, but his range was more and more limited. If the running game is clicking, he's a good option because he's smart and makes great decisions. But he can't throw a 15 yards pass into a tight spot and all of his long passes are lollipops.

And HB -- they needed to cut Chad to make the trade for Farve. Everyone knew it. There was zero incentive for a team to make the trade.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

H_B and Drip, the both of you are blowing sunshine out of your asses, now end this daycare shit.

Armchair, I'm with you. When will Jerry Angelo have a sitdown with Lovie?

Draft saved Draft deleted