1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Jets fire Eric Mangini.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Why? They were 8-3. They can compete next year with or without Favre.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

It's January and his team didn't make the playoffs. You know what that means ... more fucking Favre drama. ::)

"We're a team and we win together ... but at the same time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to win," New York Jets running back Thomas Jones said in an interview Tuesday with New York Hot 97 FM. Favre threw three interceptions in the Jets' season-ending 24-17 loss to Miami that clinched the AFC East for the Dolphins.

"The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality," Jones told the radio station. "If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's OK,' that's not reality. ... I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it.

"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones told Hot 97 FM. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not [fair]."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3804004

Draft saved Draft deleted