1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

What I mean is effort alone is not applauded in NYC, it is in other cities. Struggling players don't get hugs from the home crowd like in St. Louis for example. In NYC in any industry, the rule is produce or get out, there are many more people on line waiting to take your place.

2. I'll say it again. New York fans like the cock.

(except Liberty fans that is)

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And what I mean is that for the goofballs in NYC who are booing Alex Rodriguez at every opportunity, no amount of production will ever be enough. There is this foolish idea that Rodriguez is the reason that team hasn't blown everybody out of the water in the AL East, rather than blame the mediocre pitching staff or injuries to both corner outfielders.

Is Rodriguez having a disappionting season by his own standards? Yes. But it's not over yet and he has hit enough to help keep the Yankees in contention despite the injuries and the mostly-crappy pitching. The treatment he is getting from his own home fans is really amazingly bad.

One more thing. I never said anything about Pittsburgh fans being good ones. In general, Pittsburgh has terrible baseball fans and the Penguins' supporters are mostly of the fair-weather variety. The Steeler Nation, as it is often called there, is as loyal and loud and supportive as any such group in sports, but it also includes the losers who cheered when Terry Bradshaw was injured late in his career, AFTER leading the team to four Super Bowls.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah...when I get scooped on a story, my boss cheers because I gave effort and don't live in New York City.

That's a stupid fucking post on multiple levels.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Epic. Sir, it's an honor.

Draft saved Draft deleted