1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, I'm pretty sure Arizona Cardinals fans and Atlanta Braves fans realize they suck.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nah, there was a time when Braves fans were pretty puffed up about themselves.
    Anyway, the A-Rod possible trade is a manufactured story.

Did you ever notice that the melody for Bobby McFerrin's 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' and Four Non-Blondes' 'What's Going On' are the same?

3. Arrr... Buck ye need to gets some decent sea chanties.

Now Buck - be a good lad and tell me a good pirate bedtime tale. I'm getting a bit ready to take a rest in the futtock shrouds

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yes, New York fans do have the right to boo their own players, though I see no evidence that it's what "great" fans do. Furthermore, when the booing becomes so "popular" and "trendy" that it causes evidence of decreased play by the best player on the team, does that give said fan base the right to boast themselves as the best? It seems to me like they're the worst, since they are absolutely no help toward the team they are there to boost.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I just re-read my post and blew my own mind as to how much sense I make.

6. Arrr.... aren't ye the proud powder monkey

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fetch the Pirate a beer, newbie.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The fans are there to watch baseball and be entertained, not to give the team a boost.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Funny how the newb comes on and blasts an entire group of fans without mentioning his own affiliation (though I have a fair guess as to what it might be). Fetch me a beer, pussy.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Some talk radio clown today was talking about Rodriguez being traded to his hometown Marlins. That the Marlins have the young players the Yankees need, and that Pay-Rod would keep the team in Miami.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm not a Red Sox or a Yankees fan. I'm in the other 99 percent of baseball fan bases. Just don't tell ESPN we exist. They won't believe it.

12. Arrr... Cabin Boy don't be getting yar jack tar in a bunch. I twere dere when Admiral Nelson lost his arm.

Seven names say ye?

Ye must of made a hell of an impression if none know ye. Nigh on invisible by Neptune's beard!

Draft saved Draft deleted