1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new york daily news: torre to be canned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Come on every party involved in this story knew exactly how this would play out .

Bill Madden did not just come in on a turnip truck from Jerzee.

He knew just what would happen.

I am stunned that so many of you are naive to this.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

When Boom and I are not only on the same page but in 100% agreement, maybe all you flyover country bumpkins will attempt to understand how the tabloids act and react in the largest, most competitive market in the world.

Please, people, cut the pompous crap about people being fired or newspaper cred being hurt. We are tallking perfect storm for NY tabloids and The Boss.

Get a clue!

3. Boom_70

Its a great day for mankind and country bumpkin sportswriters to watch and learn something you did not learn in journalism school.

Watch for A- Rod to be traded stories to start sometime next week.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Next Tuesday, Boom.
    When the Mets are up 3-2 on the Cards and coming home to clinch the NL pennant on Wednesday night, The NY Post will learn that the Yankees are engaged in serious talks with the Chicago Cubs to trade Alex Rodriguez for a collection of sore-armed pitchers and minor league prospects.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They're already starting the A-Rod to the Cubs trade speculation in Chicago.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You mean when the Cardinals are up 3-2 and coming to NY to clinch the NL pennant on Wednesday night.

That's right!!! I'm back dickhead!!!!! :D :D :D

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I think the people who are naive are the ones from ESPN and all the other outlets who took the original story as gospel and assumed that the Torre firing was a done deal. All you had to do was read Madden's story to know there was no real substance there.

And spnited, we all know that this is how the tabloids work, but it's still terrible journalism, and it should be pointed out as such.

8. Boom_70

A red flag
    A red flag always goes up for me when Howard Rubenstein is involved in driving the story.

Draft saved Draft deleted