1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Daily News night web editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Apr 10, 2009.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A friend interviewed for this. It involves three nights a week in sports and two nights in news and is not a writing gig outside headlines, captions, etc. They're looking to move pretty quickly.

3. FlyZone99

FlyZone99 New Member

They already started interviewing for this position? I see it was just posted two weeks ago. Seems extremely early to already have interviews. I applied for it on Thursday. Does anyone know anything more about this position? I am extremely interested in it and hope I get the call. I feel I am very qualified. Thanks.

4. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

I just clicked on that HotJobs link and it says the job posting is no longer available. Anyone know if they've made a move on this yet?

Also, is it weird that they posted the job on HotJobs and not JJobs or some other more familiar site? They don't even post their own jobs on their site, at least not that I know of.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

There are three candidates; pay is awful.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Can you define awful?

7. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

I'm curious about the pay, too.

And I must say, I hate when stuff like this happens. I expressed interest a week ago and followed up this week and never heard a word. I mean, is it that difficult to write back and say, "Thanks for your interest, but we're no longer accepting applications"? Sheesh!

8. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

$35,000

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Good lord, that's less than I make in Podunkville, Mountain West.

10. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

yeah I wasn't kidding.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

That doesn't even get you a quality fridge box for your subway grate in NYC.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

RB

Draft saved Draft deleted