1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Actual quote from the office administrator at my doctor's office yesterday after I had a complete physical 2 days earlier (I know the entire office staff pretty well):

"He said to tell you that you have the numbers of someone 25 years younger and 100 pounds lighter."

BP: 120/68
    Cholesterol: 129
    PSA: 0.89
    Everything measured by blood sample was in range.

And yet I'm 288 pounds. So the goal isn't so much to get healthier, but just to shed this gut. I've got a milestone birthday coming up mid-February and I'm hoping to drop 20 pounds and a couple of inches in the waist by then.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Going to do anything about the pencil dick?

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

That's God-given. ;)

Actually, that nickname goes back to when I was participating in local "hash runs." At least that's my story.

4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion:

How about we all resolve to pray for peace in 2012...?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I would. But I'm a war profiteer.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's a resolution of mine too, and quite doable if the USGA reduces rounds of golf to four holes.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ella and I were talking this morning - yes, I do that a lot - and we decided we didn't want this year to end. So I'm going to keep putting 2011 on my checks and jank. You can't get in trouble for that can you?

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I resolve to get better at drunk texting.

9. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't had a regular soda since Christmas Day. I was getting a head start.

11. 2011 was pretty damn good to me. Great girlfriend, new higher-paying job that gets me out of newspapers ... for 2012 I really just want to avoid fucking everything up.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We'll see about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted