1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No more snuff films for me.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That was my first thought when I read Mizzou's post. I love the stuff.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a Coke Zero next to me right now. I love the stuff... But it's not Mountain Dew.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Watching or starring?

Anyhoo, I resolve to try to use weight. And to never use "krew" in a sentence other than this one. Tho I did giggle at Moddy using it.

Coke Zero is pretty good, but Pepsi Max tastes a bit better, in my book.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Getting in better shape, as always.

But a new version of exercise this year ... I want to try some sort of self-defense/martial arts classes this winter.

No, I'm not trying to be the next MMA bad-ass. But I think going that route will keep me exercising more regularly than the usual "I'll jog when I can" fitness plan.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Finding a job that doesn't make me want to stock up on machine gun ammunition.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So I guess you're not going to open a Guns 'n Ammo store?

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I pledge to try to get laid, make (and drink) beer, masterbate and maybe go to work when I am bored.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd like to finish grad school, but I think it'll take into spring 2013.
    I should lose 10-20 pounds and exercise regularly.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm going to break 90 minutes in the big local 10-miler this summer and I'm going to run a half-marathon.

I may shoot for a full marathon this year as well, but I'd like to see how the half-marathon goes first.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm stealing have more fun from whoever posted it upthread. I've had a kickass holiday season and it would be great to have that kind of fun year round. Also, lose a few lbs., do something about my formerly good but now horrendous penmanship, continue aiming to see at least 30 movies in the theater and take a multivitamin on a more regular basis.

Draft saved Draft deleted