1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's Resolutions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

That's right, Alley. I am writing this from my SUV as I sit seething in a Wal-Mart parking lot, wondering if I need to have all my teeth extracted before the greeters will allow me in :).

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Go on in, they probably won't even notice you're there.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You dig middle-aged married men, huh?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh. You're old?

Never mind.

5. joe

joe Active Member

You know, you'd think a person whose team won the World Series would be less angry. But the way the cocksucking, low-rent, ass-eating Chiefs are playing -- and have played -- you'd be wrong. Fucking cocksuckers should have won AT LEAST two more games this season, but they rolled over against the Dolphins and the Browns -- the fucking Browns.
    I'd like to be less angry. I guess I'l have to stop watching the Chiefs. Or get a prescription for Percocet.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm not much for resolutions, but I once heard that how you spend New Year's Day is indicative of how you will spend the rest of the year. I try to do things that make me happy on that day and let the good karma flow...

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm off work on New Year's Day. That sets up the rest of the year nicely.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Exactly my thoughts, Cadet. I'm very seriously considering foregoing a New Year's Eve date in favor of giving my son a pretty cool fireworks show, something I know he enjoys. My sister owns several stands and I always get everything for almost nothing.

Opening a year with a smile on my son's face? Good god, how could it be any better?

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

My goal is to actually have a social life this year. Work makes it tough, but I could put more effort into it.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That's a fact, spup. Quitting smoking is the best thing you'll ever do for yourself, and for those who love you. Get a jump on the New Year and start tomorrow.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That sounds like a great plan, Alley. :)

When I was younger I went to some fantastic New Year's Eve parties. Had fun, got lit, met boys. But it wasn't a lot of fun to start the New Year with a monster headache and nausea.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good thing my son is only 4, which means I won't have to worry about him drinking for....(counting years)...AAGGHH!

Draft saved Draft deleted