1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Years Eves of yore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 31, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Naaaaah. This is the perfect time, X-man. :D

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Absolutely, dude. You gotta let it all out.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Wow. The self-inflicted cockblock. Too bad.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

1988 -- Went home with a woman 17 years my senior. This seemed perverted at the time, less so now that I am two years older than she was then. She was great, by the way, all-time best one-night stand.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The first year Dr. J and I were together, I was violently ill. The next year we felt bad for my best friend, so we made plans to include her and she ditched us to go home.

Last year we spent it alone, set up a picnic on our living room floor. 2006 was rung in very nicely.

Only good one before that was 2000, when we all got stoned and drove around Syracuse.

6. donnie23

donnie23 Member

1999/2000 -- Thank God for Cosmo, who talked me out of a highly drunken impulse to walk across the main plaza in downtown to kiss the local volleyball star ... who happened to be 17, even if she did appear to be about 24. He probably didn't want to have to fire me after all of one day on the job.

2005/2006 -- Got engaged on the beach in Maui. Not sure there's going to be one to beat that.

7. She changed her name to Dita Von Teese and married Marilyn Manson

[​IMG]

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One New Year's Eve, in my youth, I snuck into a Sammy Davis Jr., Sarah Vaughn and Buddy Rich show at a Miami hotel. Close to 30 years ago.

9. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Here's what happened to me the other night, and it was pretty bad as well -- although not nearly as bad as your story. It's New Year's and I'm having a very good time. There's about 10 of us hanging out at the local bar, everybody is buying shots and by 10 p.m., we're all shitfaced. I'm drinking diet coke in attempt to be awake to see the ball drop. So around 12:30, after I've sobered up somewhat, I go back to drinking. That's when I meet "very, very cute" girl. We get to talking, some more shots are purchased and she and I are becoming very close. We're probably 15 minutes away from bolting and finding the back seat of a car, until she says she has one problem. Problem? No problems here. And then she says quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard on New Year's: "I'd love to go home with you, but my husband is sitting over there passed out."

Next year, I'm staying home.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's when you close, Biz Markie-style:

What's your man go to do with me?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm not trying to hear that, see.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope you whipped out your John Hancock.

Draft saved Draft deleted