1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 30, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Funny ... I'm working New Year's Eve and I like it. I have a matinee and an evening performance and I'd rather be doing that than partying. Show comes down by 10:30 PM and I'll go home to JR where we will feast on scallops wrapped in bacon and crab cakes while sipping The Glenlivet I bought today.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Had a NYE/going-away party a couple years ago where my coworkers and close friends all came over and everyone got way trashed. Had a dry-erase board in the living room and I woke up to it saying (in my handwriting, but I don't remember writing it) "Nothing says Happy New Year like puke in your front yard."

Opened the front door and, sure enough, there was puke in the front yard. Took two days for someone to confess.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

'Gola if you are not going to share that with everyone else, at least let a Seattleite hear it.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm working NYE, at least until 8 because our deadlines are moved up four hours tomorrow night. After that, I'll either head over to a coworker's brother's party or go home and celebrate the New Year in solitude like last year.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Asleep by 9 or 10, wake up the next morning, fly through O'Hare and hopefully *fingers crossed* make it back home in time for work at 4.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You rotten lying bastard. You said you liked that!

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I mean, yeah, I meant I wanted to bring it to show it off and make other people jealous. It's like driving a coconut. Who wouldn't want that?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's my least favorite holiday. I'll hopefully be drunk by 7. I'd give anything for Flag Day right about now.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Surprised at all the haterade for New Year's around here. This is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year, bar none.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Waste of money.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

really? Really? REALLY?

geez, buck ... I had such high expectations for you. but "haterade" just knocked you out the window...

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

New Year's is pretty personal for me. When I was in high school, I began dating my first girlfriend then, and we spent the next three together. Since then, I've spent it alone. So I just end up thinking back to New Year's Eve 1999, the good ones we shared -- and then the last five. It's the only time of year I get depressed because of sentimental crap like that.

I don't want the girl back; just the feelings I used to have on New Year's.

Draft saved Draft deleted