1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 30, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Methinks if you tried that, you'd be pulling back a stub.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

buckweaver has to try not to think about baseball.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Sex....1....Sex....2....Sex....3.....SHOELESS JOE! VORP! BALL FOUR!"

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Impossible. He ALWAYS thinks about baseball.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i had 2 double scotches (dewars) last night at vetra (bar in nyc). gave me a good little buzz.

i'd love to have some balvenie again.

oh, even though i'm on vacation, i'm working because our strict no-fucking-around deadline goes into effect, and i'm loyal to my editor and want to make sure we hit it the first night.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If I get off of work before 8, I'm going to Knoxville to party it up with a friend.

If I get off of work after 8, I'm sequestering myself in my apartment, drinking a lot and watching Dick Clark while promising my cat that I won't leave him alone for five straight days ever again, like I have been doing the past two days.

Oh the exciting life I lead.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Tell Joe Pa Drip says "Don't come back East without the roses!!!!"
    And speaking of New Year's, I normally tape New Year's Rockin Eve. But the thought of seeing Dick Clark again, and I know he's been ill, makes me not want to do it this year. I also didn't like the smug look the other hosts were making while he was trying to talk. I thought it was disrespectful to a TV legend.
    I love Dick Clark.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That made me laugh very hard.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Anyone have any funny New Year's Eve stories? I wish I did, but I don't, not really.

About the funniest thing I can think of a couple of years ago, when my girlfriend at the time hosted a party. In attendance was my girlfriend's sister-in-law, who can be described as cut from the same cloth as Sarah Palin, only fat. She and I had a healthy mutual dislike.

Well, she got shitfaced and puked all over the place, including in the middle of the living room floor, while all attendees looked on. She was a raging, self-righteous Christian hypocrite, so that made her getting puke-drunk particularly amusing. It was quite the technicolor yawn, thanks to all the spinach dip and baby carrots on hand. Not all that funny, I guess, but a fond memory from that time.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have a story. Not sure if I'll share it, but it involves 2 a.m., I-5 in Seattle, a bottle of sparkling cider, diarrhea, a guard rail and a snowball.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He and Lindsay Lohan might be the only two people who find Samantha Ronson attractive.

Draft saved Draft deleted